July 15, 2012

What is Obama pointing at?

The Drudge headline says "Unrelenting," and the link goes to "Unrelenting Obama jabs at Romney's job record."

But look closely. X marks the spot. There's pointing, and there's an X:



Right under the links about the 29-year-old Obama campaign worker who collapsed and died, there's a photo with a prominent X, the shadow cast by a cross. "UPDATE: Cross-Bearing TX Teen Arrives in DC After Month-Long Journey..."
“I felt God put this in my heart, and it’s something I felt so strong about, to just pick up my cross and carry it....”
Said one Junior Garcia of Oasis Church in Saginaw. I think of Saginaw, Michigan. But this is Saginaw, Texas. Did you know Paul Simon wrote his song "America" — which mentions Saginaw — in Saginaw, Michigan?
Bob Dyer, a former Saginaw disc jockey and organizer of Y-A-Go-Go, a concert series hosted by the Saginaw YMCA, 1915 Fordney, booked Simon and Garfunkel to play three months before “Sounds of Silence” became a No. 1 national hit in 1966, according to Saginaw News records.

“I asked Paul Simon if they were still charging the $1,250 we paid them to play and he said they were getting about four times that much then,” Dyer told The Saginaw News in 2004. “Then I asked him why he hadn't pulled out, and he said he had to see what a city named Saginaw looked like."
At the link there are photos of spray-painted Simon lyrics on decrepit buildings:
"Michigan seems like a dream to me now"
It took me four days to hitchhike from Saginaw
I've gone to look for America...
It took Junior Garcia a month and a half to drag his 12-foot-long cross along the back roads of America from Saginaw to Washington.
"Kathy, I'm lost," I said, though I knew she was sleeping
"I'm empty and aching and I don't know why..."
Junior is probably aching but not empty, but how about the rest of America? Why is Obama pointing? We get the evocation of Uncle Sam...



But what does Obama want from us? Nothing. We will be receiving. Somebody else — those rich people somewhere else — will be giving. He's "unrelenting" tormenting Mitt Romney, poking and prodding him about Bain. He's trying to be the bane of Mitt Romney's existence. He's toying with him, teasing him...



Photo animation by Chip Ahoy, who can show you how to make a salad with a fish.



But what is Drudge trying to say? He's just toying with us, teasing us...

12 comments:

m stone said...

I think he stumbled on a mirror.

Brian Brown said...

He's pointing at us because he's ignorant and frankly, dumb:

Obama - 'If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen"

Isn't that nice?

Michael Ryan said...

He's demanding we hand over the coke?

edutcher said...

No Uncle Sam.

More like da Godfadda, "Once dis Romney guy's outta da way, you're next".

campy said...

It's a metaphorical handgun. Way more violent than any crosshairs on a map.

Clearly Sarah Palin's fault.

madAsHell said...

.....and when he switches back to color, then what will you say?

Brian Brown said...

More of the "ungovernable" meme:

"Obama: DC 'feels as broken as it did 4 years ago'"

Remember when he was supposed to bring us together? He's a failure.

Batman AZ said...

Gansta!

test said...

You've been had. You've been took. You've been hoodwinked, bamboozled, led astray, run amok.

If you voted for him anyway.

The Crack Emcee said...

But what is Drudge trying to say? He's just toying with us, teasing us...

Or you're reading too much into his work. You saw the end of the world, or something, when he switched to grey - I saw your paranoia in that one.

It's just Drudge, Ann, and nothing more,...

Carnifex said...

I tried to make a salad with a fish once, but they have no hands and zero attention span, so he kept swimmiung away instead.

Ignorance is Bliss said...

When I saw the first picture, I assumed he was pointing to my wallet, with the Uncle Sam I want you reference.

But when I saw the animated version, I realized it was the new ad for ObamaCare's prostate screening benefit.